Great Impression and CutCardStock Blog Hop

blog hop banner

Thanks for stopping by to check out my creation for the Ladies Night Blog Hop with CutCardStock and Great Impressions. I am so excited to be participating in my first blog hop.

You should have arrived here from the Lorie’s blog. If not, start at the Great Impressions blog to make sure you see all the links and fabulous inspiration! When you are done, head over to Ruza’s blog. Don’t forget to leave a comment as there is a prize pack up for grabs.

If you get lost, come back here for the complete list.

Here is what I created….

SB.29.W

My original plan was to create a card, but as I started working I decided to create a shadow box with a Ribba frame from IKEA.

CutCardStock Materials used:
Curious Metallics Cryogen White
Curious Metallics Chocolate
Pop Tones Razzelberry
Cougar White Super Smooth 80#
Great Impression Stamps: 
H253 Parrot Tulips
H116 Empty Garden Pots
E748 Friends

I had a vision of placing the Parrot Tulips (H253) in the Empty Garden Pots (H116), so I used the MISTI and a vartiey of masks to create my finished image. 

SB.Misti.8.W

I chose to use Cougar White Super Smooth 80# paper for my image. I have found it works well when coloring with Copic Markers. I also stamped several additional images of just the pots and tulips. I then colored the images. I used E13,E07, E09, G03, G05, G07, G09, RV21,RV23, RV25, and R29.

SB.12.W SB.3.W SB.13.W

I added color to the sky with chalk.

SB.14.W

Then I cut out the extra images and layered them using Foam Dots.

SB.15.W

SB.27.W

I then layered the image with Curious Metallic in Cryogen White and Chocolate. I added a piece of lace to the Pop Tone Razzelberry. I used Foam Dots to attach the image.

SB.19.W

I stamped Friends (E116) on a piece of Cryogen White. I layered it with Pop Tones Razzelberry and Curious Metallics Chocolate.

SB.20.W

I painted some wood strips white to separate the layers in the frame.

SB.24.W

SB.28.W

I really love how it turned out. Please leave a comment. (I have been told there are some prizes.) Now head on over to Ruza’s blog. Don’t forget to visit the other Design Team members blogs for more inspiration and leave them a comment for them.

Have a great day!

SB.29.W

First Post with the CutCardStock Design Team

Hello everyone, this is my first post for the CutCardStock Design Team. I am excited to be a part of the team. I don’t know about you, but I am ready for spring, so I designed a card for spring.

I began with 5″ x 7″ cardbase made with the Esse Pearl Smooth Latte. I then inked the card front with blue and green Distress Inks to create grass and sky. I love how the shimmer shows through the ink.

Next, I used Galvanized Curious Metallic cardstock to cut the {die}signer Pocket Die and the Watering Can Die Set from A Jillian Vance Design.  I also inked all the edges.

Before attaching the watering can I threaded fishing line through holes in the spout to create the water. At the ends of the fishing line, I attached a clear bead with glue. Then, I attached the watering can to the card. (If you don’t see the water on the card above, I added it after attaching everything to the card, but it would be much easier to attach add it first.)

 

 

 

 

Using the Watering Can Die, I cut tulips from Pop Tones Cotton Candy, Grape Jelly, and Lemon Drop and the stems from Gumdrop Green. I cut extra flowers and fussy cut the center part out.  I inked all the edges of the pieces for added dimension.

 

Next, I added the flowers to the front. I used Double Sided Foam Adhesive Squares to attach the center petals.  I also added 3 flowers to the inside of the card.

To finish off the card I stamped Hello Spring and added a gift card to the pocket.

Watercolor Easter Eggs

EGG12After creating my version of Tim’s 12 Tags of 2015, I thought the technique  would look great on some paper mache eggs.  The paper mache eggs were too dark to use the Distress Markers on.  Then I remembered that Wendi Vecchi used newsprint and Ranger’s Glue n’ seal on surfaces so that she could stamp on them.  I thought may be this would work for me. So I have combined techniques from Tim and Wendi to create my eggs.

Step 1:  Tear up the newsprint into small pieces. This makes it easier to work on the curved surface of the egg. EGG1Step 2:  Spread Glue n’ seal with a brush to a small area. Attach a piece of newsprint. Smooth around the egg with the brush or your finger. Repeat until the egg is covered. Repeat for all eggs. EGG2 EGG3 EGG4Step 3: Allow eggs to dry.

EGG6Step 4: Using Archival Ink stamp images on eggs. I used the stamps without an acrylic block.EGG7EGG8EGG9Step 5: Color the stamped images with a variety of Distress Markers. Use the water brush to blend the colors.EGG10 EGG11Step 6: Place in basket and enjoy.
EasterBasket1